Sunday, February 24, 2013

LA Marathon #4

Well, it's that time of year again. The LA Marathon is approaching soon. For the fourth year in a row I will walk the 26.2 miles and not run for even one second. It's not that I cannot run, it's that I love to walk. In 2007 I walked for 65 miles and my life was changed forever. I began to identify as a walker. I started taking other people on long walks with me. I started walking marathons. People started walking with me, and also running past me. An organization called Beit T'shuvah began a fundraiser program and I have had the privilege of being a part of those efforts each year.
Perhaps my favorite part of walking the LA marathon is the snacks I prepare for myself. My favorite is the coconut/peanut butter/banana/gu sandwiches on cinnamon raisin bread. I bring a ton of food with me and usually dress unlike the typical runner. Hope you enjoy this "after" photo from 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment